Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Sisterhood 101: Can I call/write/Facebook/email? Can you do the same?



This is the first in a series of posts you’ll see on some of the more practical matters. Several family and friends have asked how we can communicate after I enter.

First off, I will NOT have a cell phone. Period. The first three years of formation are an intense time of spiritual, human, and intellectual growth. It works better when there aren’t a lot of distractions. So, no, you can’t call me directly.

But letters are more than welcome! You remember those things, right? The paper folded up and sealed in an envelope that you have to close by licking that nasty adhesive, and then you write on the front of the envelope and stick a stamp on it and drop it in the mailbox?

Email is also acceptable. But, as I said, I won’t have a cell phone. Which means neither will I have a smartphone. Which means I actually have to sit down at a computer to check my email. So in those scattered moments when I do have time to check my email, I would be more than happy to find some personal notes in among the spam!

Facebook is also an option, though, see the previous paragraph about the lack of a smartphone and scattered moments to check in.

(And, sorry, but this blog will probably go on hiatus again, too.)

No comments: