Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The little things in life

I often find myself marveling at the joy that the little things in life bring. I can't tell you how many times I've been sitting around a table laughing at something that seems so silly, but the fact is, it really is the little things sometimes that bring a smile to our faces.

The latest one was this morning. It was raining a little, and typical of D.C. traffic, things were backed up. But I was marveling at the difference made by my new (as of last Saturday) windshield wipers on my car. After driving home Friday night in the rain, and noticing then that I probably needed to replace my wipers, it was wonderful this morning to have a crystal clear windshield!

Silly, I know. But it made me happy.

What are some of your "little things"?

1 comment:

Christine said...

1)Gregory's got this little smile that he saves for when he really wants you to know that he's happy and that he loves you.

2) Looking around the condo right after I've vacuumed and the floor is clear.

3)Seeing the kids asleep in their bed, (and the child not waking up)